Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Day 5 ends- minor problems





I'd planned on installing the new cabinet and shelving today while I'm waiting for the grout to dry (another 24 hours, and then 24 more for the grout sealant to dry). Unfortunately, disaster struck and the new cabinet won't fit against the wall because there is a plumbing cleanout in the way. I was going to attack the cabinet with my sawzall, but decided I wasn't in the right mood- that can wait until tomorrow when I've calmed down a bit. Instead, I decided to install the GFI outlet (I couldn't believe we had an unprotected outlet right by the sink!) that we'd picked up, along with the replacement light switches and cover (Julie doesn't like the old beige ones). I learned a very important lesson about GFI's- never, EVER buy the cheapest one. It's not that it won't function, it's the fact that they don't use capture screws in the assembly. If you don't know what that means, just go with the fact that they are a major pain in the ass to install. While I was cussing at the stupid GFI outlet, Julie slipped up to Lowes to pick up some tiles for the sidesplash, so I guess there will be some more tiles installed too.

1 comment:

Dylan said...

good restraint, beer-thirty is a good time to quit anyway. The saws can wait until tomorrow or until after you have had enough beverage to make it seem like a good idea to "get'er done".