Sunday, March 22, 2009

Almost the last day continued...



You can see here the new tile job for the side and back of the sink. We also glued the mirror to the wall- I've been waiting for someone to ask me why we left the old mirror holders in the wall when we painted, and then slopped paint all over them. The main reason was, I didn't care. The plan was to use the old holders just to hold the mirror in place while it was rtv'd to the wall, then I'm trimming out the mirror in white mdf to match the rest of the bathroom. I have 1 day left that involves cutting and installing all of the baseboard trim, trimming out the mirror, and cutting off 3/4" from the bottom of the door and rehanging it (the tile and cement board raised the floor level 3/4"). Total cost so far (not including alcohol) is $255. The token quote I had done (for amusement and tax purposes) for the same job (minus the custom fish tank plumbing) was $2400.

No comments: